Basava Vasati Yojana is an initiative taken by the Karnataka government to provide affordable homes to the state’s socially and economically backward section.
Like any other scheme, applicants need to qualify for the eligibility parameters to avail financial assistance from the government. After fulfilling the qualifying factors, one can check RGRHCL status to find out whether they have made it to the list or not.
Eligibility factors for Basava Vasati Yojana
Individuals fulfilling the eligibility parameters can apply for this scheme. Following are the qualifying factors mentioned to avail financial assistance from RGRHCL-
- Applicants must not have a registered pucca house in their name but must have a land/Kutcha house where construction can take place.
- As per the BPL card guidelines, the family’s yearly income should not exceed Rs.32,000.
- This scheme is only applicable to the permanent residents of Karnataka. Therefore, residents of other states residing in Karnataka are not entitled to the scheme.
- Residents earning more from the criteria mentioned above will not obtain financial assistance for constructing their houses.
Alternatively, if individuals are unable to qualify the eligibility parameters, they can consider opting for a home loan extended by leading financial institutions. Depending on the eligibility, applicants can avail flexible tenor, affordable interest rate and high-loan value.
Moreover, to make the repayment easier, individuals can calculate your home loan eligibility in just a few clicks by using an online eligibility calculator.
Apart from these, individuals will require to produce a list of all the documents you need for a home loan, ensuring hassle-free approval. Moreover, existing borrowers can enjoy pre-approved offers on a wide range of financial products, such as loans against property, home loans, etc. These exclusive offers will not only save time but also accelerate the application process. Prospective applicants can check their pre-approved offers by submitting their essential credentials.
Apart from meeting eligibility parameters, applicants need to furnish certain documents to enjoy hassle-free approval. Following are the documents required to apply online for Basava Vasati Yojana-
- Personal details with Identity proof
- Age proof
- Income certificate
- Residence proof
- Category/Caste certificate
- District and village name
- Passport-sized photograph
Features and benefits of the scheme
As per the survey done by the Housing department, it has been reported that Karnataka has approximately 36.69 homeless people in Rural and Urban areas. So, this housing scheme comes up with exclusive features and benefits for prospective applicants.
- Under RGRHCL, an eligible beneficiary can get 85% of free raw material on government’s behalf.
- Individuals who are unable to construct a house for themselves can avail of financial aid from the government.
- Providing housing facilities for BPL and other backward classes will promote cleanliness.
- This will encourage improved living conditions for the economically poor section of Karnataka.
- The country will develop together with the living standardisation of the less privileged people.
- If living facilities improved, mortality rate will subsequently reduce.
After knowing about the features, benefits and eligibility criteria, individuals need to check the RGRHCL status to find their name in the list.
Check RGRHCL status of a beneficiary
Follow the steps below to check the beneficiary status under this scheme-
1- Applicants need to visit the official website of Basavi Vasati Yojana RGRHCL.
2- Click on “Beneficiary Status” option on the dashboard of the homepage.
3- A new page will display on screen where you have to select your district name from the drop-down menu.
4- Applicants need to enter their beneficiary code in the second box.
5- Click on the “Submit” option, and the screen will show District-wise beneficiary RGRHCL status.
6- One can also download the beneficiary report in PDF form for future use.
Hence, through this scheme, the Karnataka government will ensure affordable homes to an economically backward society. This scheme also uses a GPS to avoid any fraud or discrepancies in allocating the housing sites. Furthermore, one can avail of several other effective housing schemes under this regulatory body only after meeting the eligibility criteria for the same.