Losing something in life is always heartbreaking. But when it is about losing hair, the situation becomes even more pathetic and painful, especially for females. It is a general belief that hair, its color, and styling-they all describe someone’s personality in a way nobody can. Are you unusually losing hair? Do you want to investigate the unknown reasons behind losing hair? And even if you want a treatment for losing hair, just give an eye to this article!
Some Interesting facts about hair and hair losing
Losing hair is a natural phenomenon.
Interestingly, our hair grows faster after bone marrow.
They spread everywhere on your body except your palm and wrist. But we encourage more hair growth on the head.
Also, we are concerned about the mass, strength, and appearance of our hair on the head.
Does having hairs in the comb after combing normal?
Being a part of the natural shedding process, losing 100 to 150 hair by combing is quite a normal sign. Almost the same goes for losing hair from the head during a shower. But if you notice an increased shedding mass of hair on your comb, do something for your hair health. You may have developed ‘alopecia (losing hair)’.
Which factors make ground for losing hair?
If you want to deal with the situation, you must point out the main reason behind this problem. A person may lose hair due to the following reasons:
- Due to weaknesses after pregnancy
- As an aftereffect of chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- By the use of high potency medicines
- Fungal attacks
- Iron deficiency (anemia)
- Stressed and depressive moods
- Thyroid abnormalities
- Poor diet
- Unhealthy scalp conditions
- Hormonal imbalance (specifically in females due to birth control pills and menopause)
- Vitamin deficiency
- Environmental pollution
How to deal with the losing hair situation?
We can avoid this unnecessary hair losing condition:
- By adopting a good hair care routine
- By improving our diet
Hair massage and essential oils
Giving a gentle massage with some essential oil facilitates blood circulation to the scalp. It nourishes the scalp and stimulates the hair follicles to initiate their anagen phase. Prefer having a gentle hair massage at least once a week.
It is good to comb your hair twice a day. Combing not only regulates the blood flow in the scalp but also facilitates the sebaceous glands. The sebaceous gland secretes out sebum. Combing distributes the sebum and oils along the length of hair.
- Choose a simple hairstyle.
- Do tie your hair tightly.
- Use ponytails and clips for binding your hair instead of rubber bands.
- Try to avoid electric machines like hair straighteners and curlers on your hair.
- Wash up your hair when they look greasing and oily.
- Prefer washing your hair every third day with shampoo.
- Dilute the shampoo by adding a little amount of water to it before applying it to the hair.
- Gently massage your scalp with shampoo to clear out any debris from the scalp.
- Use room temperature/ normal water for washing hair.
- Our hair is made of protein. If we wash our hair in hot water, it can again damage our hair follicles and result in losing hair.
Synthetic haircare products
Replace synthetic hair care products with herbal derivatives. Herbal products are plant-based derivatives that assure long-lasting beauty. On the other hand, the long use of chemical-based products can damage the hair follicles, leading to losing hair. For instance,
- A dilute solution of vinegar when applied to hair, makes them smooth and silky.
- Similarly, if we apply egg albumin, it provides a handsome amount of protein for hair.
Dietary improvements for hair growth
We eat a variety of foods for getting energy from them. Our body uses this energy for the growth of organs as well as hair growth. If we do not eat a good and healthy portion of protein in our diet, our hair becomes weak day by day.
Our hair being very sensitive, require intensive care. If we do not look after our hair appropriately, losing hair is the only consequence. We must follow a strict hair care routine to safeguard the long-lasting beautifying features of hair.