In contrast to Outlook, the Zimbra desktop client and server applications are free to download, which can be a game-changer when deciding between the two services. Although it would be unfair to compare the two services because Outlook outperforms Zimbra in terms of features and support. Whatever the reason, in this blog post we will cover the method to export Zimbra TGZ Emails to PST file format, which can be saved locally on your hard drive. Additionally, using the drag and drop functionality, Zimbra mailbox files (EML format) can be imported into the Outlook desktop client.
Zimbra Desktop, like MS Outlook, is an email client that can be used both offline and online. The Zimbra web client provides one of the best browser-based interfaces for connecting end-users to the data and activity in their personal clouds. Similarly, users can have the same powerful experience offline by using the Zimbra desktop client. It provides cross-platform functionality for Windows, Mac, and Linux desktops through the use of IMAP/POP, CalDAV, and CarDAV.
We highly recommend using the Zimbra Converter for a trouble-free migration experience.
The Manual Migration steps are Classified as Follows:
- Export and save your Zimbra emails as EML files.
- Convert EML Files to Outlook.
- Export Zimbra TGZ Emails to PST Files from Outlook
Zimbra Converter Software
As previously stated, it is possible to export Zimbra desktop client mailbox items to your system as a PST file. However, manually exporting mailbox items from Zimbra to a PST file can be difficult. As a result, it is advised to use a professional migration tool. Zimbra Converter is one such tool. This tool is capable of converting any IMAP mailbox to PST files or other formats.
IMAP emails can also be converted to EML, MSG, MHT, HTML, DOC, DOCX, and PDF formats. Data integrity can be relied on completely because data is not altered in any way. Finally, the software produces a summary report in CSV format. This report contains migration information such as the source mailbox login id, exported folders, migration status, item count, and more.
The software’s user interface is appealing and simple to use. At the places where it is necessary, each migration step is quite descriptive. As a result, non-technical users are unlikely to encounter any problems during migration.
The Benefits of Zimbra Converter Software
Provides a pleasant working environment with simple steps
- Allows you to save TGZ files in a variety of formats, including PST, PDF, MSG, EML, MBOX, and NSF.
- Provides various file naming options for saving the resulting file
- Supports dual conversion modes, namely, Add File and Add Folder, for certain Zimbra migrations.
- There is a free download version available for evaluation and analysis.
- The ability to perform an advance preview so that users can double-check the data before the final conversion.
- Allow for the selection of the desired destination path to save the resulting file.
- Maintains metadata and folder structure throughout the process.
- Supports all Zimbra mail client editions, from the earliest to the most recent.
- Compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system, including Windows 10 11. There are separate sections for exporting Zimbra Contacts and Zimbra Calendar.
The manual method to export Zimbra TGZ Emails to PST on the hard drive is not simple. To do it manually, the user must complete three manual steps, which may appear to be a daunting task to some.