Can the problem of eating disorders be overcome with yoga? Many doctors and experts believe that patients who have the problem of an eating disorder should do yoga. Patients who have the problem of eating disorder or eating disorder do not feel comfortable about their bodies. By doing yoga, they get a sense of themselves and they feel confident about themselves. A person doing yoga realizes that he needs to understand his body from within, more than looking outwardly. Doing yoga calms the mind and also removes the problem of anxiety which is found in people going through an eating disorder. You can overcome this problem with the help of Bhujangasana, Tadasana, Kapotasana, etc.
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join a Yoga School in Rishikesh.
How to overcome the problem of eating disorders by doing yoga?
Although yoga is beneficial in curing many diseases, the patients with eating disorders are struggling with physical and mental problems simultaneously, so for them, yoga is not less than any medicine, let us know the benefits of doing yoga during eating disorders-
- By doing yoga, the problem of anxiety, depression, etc. is removed, which is a common symptom found in a person suffering from an eating disorder.
- A person suffering from an eating disorder remains uncomfortable about his body, doing yoga will increase his confidence in himself.
- Some yoga poses like Kapotasana is very beneficial for those who do not feel hungry, by doing which they will start feeling hungry.
- Some people suffering from eating disorders tend to eat more due to cravings, due to which they get stomach pain, gas, constipation problems. To avoid this, yoga is beneficial.
- Some people suffering from eating disorders get very angry, yoga can be used to control it.
- The person suffering from an eating disorder is unable to maintain harmony or balance in body and mind, due to which the problem of hunger increases, yoga will be beneficial for them.
Try these yoga poses for eating disorders:-
Bhujangasana not only reduces belly fat but also removes the problems related to digestion. This yoga is very beneficial for people who feel like eating even if there is no appetite due to an eating disorder. This also calms the mind and gets rid of the problem of food cravings all the time.
How to do Bhujangasana:
- Lie down on your stomach and place your hands on the ground.
- Keep the hands on the side of your shoulder.
- Raise the body while giving pressure on your palms.
- During this stretch the muscles of the back and abdomen.
- Keep the arms and shoulders absolutely straight.
- Looking up, focus on a fixed point on the ceiling.
- Stay in this position for 15 seconds.
- Exhale while coming to the normal position.
2. Halasana or Plow pose
Doing Halasana also gets rid of the problem of eating disorders. By doing this asana, the digestive system remains healthy and the problem of loss of appetite goes away.
How to do Halasana:
- Lie on your back on the ground.
- Keep both your hands close to the body.
- While bending the body, spread the legs and lift them upwards.
- Taking the feet from behind the head, touch the ground.
- Your feet will form an angle of 90 degrees from the waist.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds.
- Relax for a minute and repeat.
3. Dhanurasana or Bow pose
By doing Dhanurasana, the problem of constipation, the problem of eating disorder, stomach pain, digestion problem, etc.
How to do Dhanurasana:
- To do Dhanurasana, lie down on the ground on your stomach.
- Bend the knees and bring them near your waist.
- Grab the ankles with both hands.
- Bring the weight of the body to the lower part of the stomach.
- Hold this position for as long as you can and keep breathing.
- Coming to the normal position, repeat this asana 4 to 5 times.
If you want to keep your body healthy as well as willing to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 7 Chakras Yoga School, Rishikesh.
4. Kapotasana or Pigeon pose
By doing Kapotasana, the problem of eating disorder is removed and the problem of indigestion, stomach pain, gas is also removed. Kapotasana will help you to normalize your appetite.
How to do Kapotasana:
- After kneeling, sit on the ground and take both legs out and sit down.
- Tilt your body backward.
- Try to take both the hands behind the feet towards the ground.
- Tilt the body until your hands and feet do not touch.
- Stretch the back and stay in this position for 60 seconds.
- Relax and repeat this position 5 times.
5. Tadasana or Mountain pose
This is the easiest yoga pose. Tadasana is helpful to overcome problems like depression, anxiety. Often people suffering from an eating disorder are victims of depression, for this yoga will be beneficial.
How to do Tadasana:
- Stand straight on the ground.
- Keep the feet slightly away from each other.
- Raise the heels while raising your hands.
- By raising the hands up, make a pose of Namaskar.
- Look ahead and hold the same position.
- Take a break and repeat it 3 times.
You can do yoga on the side of the main treatment of the eating disorders, but doing more yoga during eating disorders can also be harmful. Exercise or yoga for recovery should be done only on the advice of the doctor.