AOL email is by far one of the most popular email services in the world. The features that it offers are second to none and a compatible user interface ensures that users are getting the best possible emailing experience.
Read this blog till the end to know how to recover forgotten password for your AOL account along with a few tips.
Here are some simple steps that can be used to reset AOL passwords with relative ease.
Steps to reset/recover AOL password
- Start the proceedings by accessing the AOL mail sign-in page. Enter your username in the correct field to click on the sign-in button.
- From there, you will need to click on the option of “I forgot my password” to proceed further with the process of recovering your AOL mail password.
- In the next window, three options will pop up on your screen;
- Recovering password via the email address
2. Recovering password via the phone number
3. Recovering password via security question
- For the next step, you will need to type in your username and hit the next button. Once you have done, so select one out of the three recovery options that are available for the recovery of your AOL password.
- As soon as you have selected a recovery option. The code will be sent on your email address or mobile number. Depending upon the choice you made. In the case of the security question method a couple of questions will be asked from the user. If they are answered correctly, you enable to create a new and better password for their AOL mail account.
- After this, simply enter the verification code that you received in the given field. Following this, create a strong and easy-to-remember password for your mail account. And then save the changes made by you to make them permanent.
- Finish the process by accessing the sign-in page and logging in to your account with the newly recovered password.
These simple steps can help users to recover their AOL passwords without breaking a sweat.
Let us now take a look at how one can change the AOL password instead of recovering/resetting it.
Steps to change AOL password
- Begin by logging in to your account by entering the correct login details to hit the sign-in button.
- From there, simply click on the account settings page to proceed further.
- In the next window, you will need to click on your profile name and answer the security question correctly. click on continue. To follow the instructions to move forward with the process.
- For the next step, select the password change option from the account setting page.
- Now, simply type your current password for AOL and then enter a new and better password for your AOL account. Make the changes permanent by clicking on the save button.
Let us now take a look at some simple tips that can help users to create a strong and easy-to-remember password.
Tips to create a strong password for AOL account
- Try to avoid easy passwords that include numeric or your date of birth as they are pretty easy to crack.
- Make sure to change your password in regular intervals, which is in every 90 days or six months.
- Come up with complex passwords and store them somewhere secure to ensure that only you can access the password in case you ever forget it.
For any further info or queries, you may contact the help and support center of AOL or you can simply visit the website of Emails Crunch to get all the answers that you are looking for.
Recommended: Sign in with account email and password